The Tanamon gate of the old Edo castle located at the entrance to the Nippon Budokan in Kitanomaru Park. Edo Castle is said to have been created by Shigenori Ota (Dokan) in the first year of Nagaroku (1457). It became the residence of Ieyasu Tokugawa in 1590 (Tensho 18), and a large-scale renovation was carried out from the first year of Bunroku (1592). Mae) was completed, and the shape of the Great Castle was completed. After that, although it was hit by several great fires beginning in 1657, the scale of the castle was maintained until the end of the Edo era.
The Tayasumon is a Masugatamon located in the northern part of Kitanomaru, and consists of the Koraimon in the front and the Yaguramon in the far right. Although the date of construction of the gate is not clear, it is believed that the present gate was built in Kanei 13 from the inscription by the craftsman who remained on the door fishing hook of Komai Gate. However, the upper part of the tower was removed from the late Taisho era to the early Showa era due to damage, but it was restored and repaired during the 1936-41 fiscal year. Tanamon is the only existing building dating back to the completion of the construction of Edo Castle and has a high value. It was designated as an Important Cultural Property in 1961.
The origin of the name comes from the fact that Tayasudai was the name of Tayasudai before the castle was built, and there was the Tayasu Daimyojin (currently Tsuchido Shrine) in the peasant ground. Along with Ieyasu’s construction of Edo Castle, it became a secluded place for women who served in the Daikan mansion and Oku. The daughter of Hidetada, Chihime, the nanny of Iemitsu, Kasuga no Tsubone, Ieyasu’s beloved side room, and the mansion of Eishoin were also in Kitanomaru. In 1730 (Kyoho 15), the second son of Tokugawa Yoshimune, the second son of Tokugawa Munetake, separated the family and established the Three Lords, Tayasu. Origin of. Next to the Tayasu House is the Shimizu family of the Three Lords, who set up a house inside the Shimizu gate. In addition, Sobu’s seventh son is Sadanobu Matsudaira (Shirakawa Rakuo), the third lord of the Mutsu Shirakawa Domain, and was born and lives here in the Tayasu House in Tayasumon. After that, under the eleventh shogun, Tokugawa Iemitsu, he became the old middle and middle lord, shosuke, and is performing the famous “Kansei reform.”
with large faces and sturdy fittings are also excellent, and the fittings of the metal parts at the joints of the pillars and beams and the metal fittings under the pillars are also beautiful.
“Kirikomihagi” stone wall that piles up stones without gaps